Thursday, October 14, 2010

the art of winning

tonight was the first time i left the office at 10pm. the business is getting crazier. my phone rings ALL the frickin' time. i have THIS bunch of files pending on my desk. and still there's more coming in. after 4 months into the job, it is starting to get challenging. i don't have time to pee. but that's just because the toilet is far.

today i got a pleasant surprise on my desk. no, it wasn't my dream man seating naked on my desk but close. before leaving for my appointment, i locked my computer. so when i got back in the evening, i moved my mouse and keyed in my password. then when i saw that my email and documents weren't popping up on the screen, i went 'WHO TOUCHED MY COMPUTER >:('

AND that was when i realized something was amiss. i could see the keys on my keyboard clearly. that's weird. then i looked at the monitor. it's brighter. HOLY CRAP i got new toy! that totally made my day.

i don't know how i could miss that.

oh yeah, cos i work hard for my money.

today was supposed to end well when i got a call from time out kl. was told i won tix to catch paramore live. fuck me, this would be the first time i win something that i truly wanted. but that came crashing down when i received another call late evening telling me i was only shortlisted. what that means is that i'll only get tix when the winners don't collect them. yeah, like that's going to happen. bloody idiots. how can this happen? i asked them what they were going to compensate me with and they said i could get their magazine. such joy. i was going to sing praises about time out kl but not anymore. this isn't some kuntum magazine organizing some workshop to improve your math skills. this is an international magazine organizing a concert and they make blunders like this? so does that mean they've been calling up the 'wrong' winners today?

if i wasnt so swamped up at work i would have given them a piece of my mind. it's ridiculous really. it's like giving somebody a birthday present and then taking it back the next day. and don't get me started on that gossip writer from the star. she has a section in the star rage on celebrity gossip. anyways, i joined an online contest where you guessed the celebrity or some shit like that and wahseh, i got all the answers right (E! why don't you hire me already?!) and won myself 2 movie tickets. got the email to send in my address. replied the email. 6-8 months later? i'm still waiting. in between then and now i sent in an email asking her where my tickets are and no reply. professional.

so i suppose i have something to learn here. don't do unto others what you dont want done unto you.

looks like it'll be another busy day tomorrow.

No comments: