Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The past week

I just realized that a week has passed since my 18th birthday. alot has happened during the week. but i have to start off by saying "Happy Birthday" to my dearly beloved bro. he turned 5 on the 18th. we are 13 yrs 1 week apart. we were supposed to go somewhere fancy for dinner but my bro didn't want to because he was all gung-ho n excited abt playing with his new toy, a lego aeroplane, courtesy of my parents. here are the "happenings" of the last week;

april 8
celebrated me n my bro's birthday at sunway tower hotel with frens n relatives. had a scrumptious buffet.

april 10
the eve of my birthday. fren's planned to meet up at a mamak to celebrate my birthday. since it was my birthday, i had the honour of being picked-up by winnie, who had just recently gotten her license. i was told that we were to pick sook yan up fr her place cos she had just finished her basketball training. being me, i believed winnie n shee ann(who was also in the car). i asked abt pui mun n karine. pui mun was already at the mamak waiting for us whilst karine wasn't allowed to go out. i shud have guessed that something was off but i innocently believed them. we drove into usj13 and as we passed the field, winnie n shee ann started to make comments abt a group of ppl in the field who were playing with candles. "who are those stupid ppl playing with tanglungs?? it's not even lantern festival.." (shee ann said this but it's not word 4 word, i'm just recalling wat she said). i innocently agreed with wat she said (can't recall wat i said). winnie parks the car at the field and they both got out. i was thinking wat the heck r we getting off 4?? then i started to recognize the figures at the field. when i got off the car, it dawned on me that my fren's had planned it all. all of them were there. shocked look was plastered on my face. as i went closer i saw this

even more shocked!! then, the doors to the rukun tetangga opened n there were fairy lights surrounding a lil' birthday cake. aww...

it was a pleasant surprise. to all my fren's who made that nite a memorable nite, THANK U!!! u guy's rawk-ed my nite n mayb a lil' part of my world n i lurve u gurl's...

april 11
my birthday!! officially turned 18.

april 16
went to midvalley with lipeng,rachel,derek,chris,andrew,jason n rachel tan. watched "inside man" (thanks li peng for spending me). the movie was so-so. it was interesting in the beginning and i understood wat was happening but towards the ending i got lost. till now, i duno who jodie foster's character is supposed to be. and am still clueless bout wat the frickin' robbery is all about (something to do with diamonds n a fren selling out a fren??) what-ev...andrew actually fell asleep half-way thru the movie so that shud gif u a rough idea about wat to expect fr the movie. oh...it was easter sunday so we went bak to church for the easter cantata(check it out if possible,tis weekend!!)


No comments: