Saturday, April 23, 2011

black friday on a Good Friday.

my day started at 12-ish pm. it was the first time i switched off my alarm on a weekday. yes, friday is a weekday too. i couldn't let the alarm wake me this time because i needed my body to sleep and wake up when it was ready too. it has been a crazy 4 day work day this week. i guess it was the universe's way of telling me to pay back the time that i missed on the days that i was off. which was crazy.

so my day started at 12pm when i woke up, showered, lunched and headed to work. as my usual routine goes, i would park my car and walk to my office building which takes less than 10 minutes walk. smart me squeezed into a tight spot and couldn't get out from the driver's side. i cleverly thought that i was 'skinny' enough to squeeze myself out but i wasn't 'skinny' enough. so i restarted my car to repark again.

key in ignition. turn to start. car starts.

that's how it should have gone.

key in ignition. turn to start. car doesn't start.

+_________+

i try again.

and again.

and again.

great. add in the fact that there was no reception in the carpark, i couldn't call for help. and i couldn't get out from the drivers side so i had to climb over to the passenger side to get out. my brilliance sometimes amazes me.

i decide to make the call for help in the office and thus proceeded the walk to my office. barely 50 steps out, it POURS. not drizzle, mind you. BIG FAT RAINDROPS! the only saving grace? i carry a foldable umbrella in my bag for days such as this.

could my day not get any worst? first the car and now the rain. and then i get into the office and receives news that there are changes to the job that i've been working on for the past 3 days. strike gold today.

had a brief meeting to discuss the job but my mind was worried about the car. and my face showed it. i was preoccupied with so many things, nothing really made sense. but there's always a silver lining in every cloud. and the day slowly got better.

i was surprised with a cupcake cause it's my birthday month! so that instantly perked me. i'm so easy to please. then the mechanic came to help with the car situation which wasn't a situation afterall cause the car started just fine with no hiccups whatsoever. figures la. and work was done for me!

and i went for service today which was very different. loads of reflection to do. it really highlights the great sacrifice Jesus did. He died for our sins.

so what started out as an unfortunate day turned around to be a pretty good one.

have a good Easter!

No comments: