Saturday, July 09, 2011

think i need a ginger ale

"i would like them to know that i have an interest in pursuing the advertising industry. after attending a talk by a major advertising agency, my passion has been fueled. i'll probably head in that direction after graduating. just so the advertisers should know, i do get curious as to how a great piece of advertisement is produced. i do think about the processes that goes through into producing such great ads. therefore, would love to see the 'inside' of an advertisement and hopefully be part of this creative process which i find highly fascinating."

i wrote that probably around 3 or 4 years ago when i was young, naive and full of optimism. found this stored in one of my many profile descriptions and couldn't help but publish it somewhere permanent so that i can look back at this and reflect.

i should probably tell my young self that i have made it. woohoohoohoo! but as my current self discovers, nothing's permanent. i thought i knew but i don't. even now i still don't. i'm making new discoveries yet again.

experience. nothing, and i mean nothing beats having your own experience. so here i am, collecting experiences and making life decisions one step at a time. prior to my first experience of the real world, i was sheltered and protected. my worries were not national disasters. heck, i probably had no worries except for what should i eat for lunch wtf. but as experiences have taught me, one truth that i have been led to believe would be my alpha and omega wasn't exactly so as experience is teaching me now. what i started out hating is slowly making it's presence felt.

hate comes from fear. fear of failing. fear of rising to the challenge. but with all that i have gathered in my jar, i'm beginning to see a different shade of light and slowly gaining new perspective. despite the uncertainness, i don't fear as much. my level of fear isn't at the level that it was when i first stepped foot outside. if anything, i'm beginning to conquer this fear because i know that

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength (Philippians 4:13) 


my words of comfort. 



No comments: