Friday, September 19, 2008

My True Hollywood Story

OMG I NEED TO VENT MY FRUSTRATION!

LET THIS BE A LESSON TO ALL OF YOU.

BACK UP YOUR FILES. NO. MATTER. WHAT.

YOUR COMPUTER CAN NEVER BE TRUSTED. EVER. IT WILL JUST TURN OFF ONE DAY AND THEN THAT'S IT. BYE-BYE UNSAVED FILES.

ok i could feel my throat getting sore typing in CAPs.

i am damn damn damn damn damn damn damn sad x 12358365498
*insert extremely depressed/sad emoticon*

my OS had a kink in it because the absolutely brilliant me shut off my notebook when it was in the midst of updating/installing new softwares.

let's just say that this wasn't the first time i have done this. but every other time i DID do it, i could start my notebook and it was like nothing ever happened. i think the last time i did it was the straw that broke the camel's back wtf. when i tried to restart, all it did was remain blank +__+

SIGH.

that's when i whipped out my manual and did everything it said to do.

but to no avail...

OMG OMG OMG *panic mode sets in*

i was cool, calm and collected before the manual came out. i was still cool, calm and collected when the manual came out. i thought to myself, i have all the luck with these machines. the amount of nonsense i do with them will amaze you. i'm like Handy Manny without the talking tools. i'm like Bob the Builder without the heavy machinery.

i can fix almost anything *ahem* just by shaking, poking, fiddling, meddling, *insert relevant term* the machine.

but not today. today just wasn't my day.

i thought it was my day because i received my assignment mark and was satisfied. i thought the day couldn't get worst but it DID.

SIGH

can you tell that i am VERY SAD!??

SIGH

i took it the computer guy to fix after all my tactics, magic tricks failed me.

tinker a bit here and there. connected an Ethernet cable (whatever that is) to another notebook and omg my entire file could be viewed from the other notebook! HALLELUJAH!!!

immediately began to transfer my files from my notebook to the other notebook. this was when i breathed a HUGE sigh of relief.

because the installation of the OS will take an hour, i left thinking that it was safe to leave my notebook behind in the hands of the computer guy whom i began to trust.

an hour came and went by.

i went back in a jolly good mood because all is well.

the moment i went up to the guy,

"the backup file is G-O-N-E"

*silence on my part* eyes to his face. eyes to the notebook that supposedly held my backup files.

"you're KIDDING me" *thinking he was gonna drop the act and start laughing HA HA HA*

"NO" *dead serious face on*

*my internal body parts gradually stopped working. hatiku pecah berkecai-kecai"
"OH EM GEE"
"i don't know what happened. the file is now gone. nobody touched the notebook"

"OH EM GEE!!! has this ever happened before?"

"No"

just my luck laa this happens to me. if i was alone at that very moment, i would have cried. i would have stabbed myself in the heart like buffy would stab angel/spike in the heart if she didn't love them so damn much.

I WAS DEVASTATED. must have shown on my face cause the guy HAD to ask if i was 'okay'.

WHAT THE FUDGE. OF COURSE I AM NOT OKAY. MY ENTIRE EXISTENCE IS WIPED OUT.

YES I'M BEING OVERDRAMATIC/MELODRAMATIC/DRAMATIC *whatever makes you sleep at night*

if i wasn't being so self conscious i would have thrown a bitch fit.

i left with a VERY HEAVY HEART making the guy promise me he'll do whatever it takes to try and retrieve my LOST FILES *teary eye*

so here i am, trying to re-install whatever it was i lost.

*SHOUT OUT TO BELINDA*
she told me about that i could transfer songs from my ipod to my itunes. bless her soul! she saved me the trouble of downloading the songs all over again although she did offer to give me archuleta's songs which would only save me the trouble of downloading one song less *cough*cough*

so i sit here in my room, devastated and frustrated.

but then there is a magic rainbow of hope, joy and peace after the storm (chay, 2008). i discovered things i NEVER knew my notebook had and could do ie. i can the change the wallpaper!? *GASP*

it's like i'm playing with a new toy after opening my xmas present. again.

and i've just realized that facebook is heaven sent. all is not lost after all. loads of my lost photos can be found there.

it's like a new beginning. a fresh start. an empty desktop waiting to be filled. and also a change of wallpaper *ahem*

the day doesn't seem to be looking all that bad anymore. this might actually be a blessing in disguise.

or maybe its just wishful thinking.

or maybe i'm really optimistic =)

either ways, i shall not dwell on the past.

a wise master once said "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present" (Oogway, 2008).

wise words indeed.

This has been my E! True Hollywood Story.


glamour me befitting of a true hollywood star wtf

No comments: