Thursday, April 22, 2010

lemonade

my english. FAIL.

hello, i don't know the difference between adjective and noun and preposition and whatever lingo English loves to term their words. a word is a word, no? i only know verb :D

definition: to describe an action.

the rest can go and flush themselves down the toilet bowl.

my dear brother today, of all days, wanted my help on his english homework. on the days that i DO want to help him, he doesn't want my help. but today, he solicited my help. what can i say? don't do your homework. homework's for losers wtf. of course not. and today's homework was underline 3 adjectives in each sentence. i think there was 10 sentences. WHUT?! 30 adjectives?!

i shall be shameless and just tell you that i had to type adjective in my search bar and look up the definition of the word adjective. urgh, saying the word adjective makes me want to nunchuck that word and kick it's sorry ass to timbaktu. now, timbaktu is a word that rolls nicely of your tongue, don't you think?

but then i do so often come across words that after a long time of looking at them, come of as weird. like the spelling and pronunciation of the word makes no bloody sense. and then all is well again when the earth turns on its axis and gravity is restored and i see the word and familiarity hits me right on the spot.

i watched bits and pieces of idol gives back. the last 40 minutes of the show and the first 20 minutes perhaps? yes, in that order. you gotta love starworld for broadcasting the same show twice. why didn't every other channel think of that? oh, right. cause they screen it again at a later time. which was why i got to saw the last part first and the first part last. then i couldn't go through with it anymore cause my mother was busy rectifying the mistakes i made with the adjective homework 0__o i had to hide in my room to avoid the onslaught of vicious adjectives my mother would have thrown at me if i were to continue to be in the near vicinity of easy attack. hiding has saved me and my bruised ego.

where was i? oh, yes. idol. i cried watching some parts. then i switched to oprah during the commercial breaks and cried some more. i don't know about you but oprah can bring on the water works whenever she talks about real life stories about real life people. not plasticky, celluloid people although they do sometimes. i cry when i see kids in pain and not being able to be kids like their supposed to. the kids in idol gives back, breaks my heart. truly. and the sad story of how nine special kids lost their parents to murder, what kind of world do we live in?

we've gotta treat each other right.

on a more lighthearted yet absolutely majorly crucial topic, i need an aim. a target if you may. for life in 5 or 10 years time. i've gotta start working towards something, eh? what the hell do i want? people ask me 'so where have you applied to?' i give my reply and then it hits me, i NEVER applied to this one industry which before graduation, i was really quite gung-ho about and i never applied to another industry which i quite fancy doing. and then i get a call from a corporate company and suddenly i find myself wanting and coveting to climb the corporate ladder. now all i think about is jobs jobs jobs.

it's comforting to know that i'm not alone in this. i may the last one in my batch to find a job but hey, who's competing?

not yet. the race is just beginning.

cue the jeng jeng JENGGGGGGGGG

No comments: