Tuesday, December 22, 2009

sun and moon

the fan is spinning slowly to a stop. the ac is blowing cold air. the night is silent except for that weird noise i hear coming from somewhere in the house. the typing on the keyboard is giving out a soothing tap-tap-tap sound, one of comfort and truth, one of familiarity.

i just had a plate of roti canai with fish curry and a glass of teh o ais limau. i just read someone's blog. i just updated my twitter. i just checked the status updates on fb. i clicked on my inbox.

the night is still except for the whirring of the ac, projecting cold air, cooling the room and ultimately allowing me to sleep comfortably in the quiet night. there's no rain tonight. the shutters are down so i can't see if the stars are out tonight.

i sit by my bedside typing words, allowing my thoughts to flow into this page.

i bid you goodnight now. i have been early to bed since coming back from my trip but tonight, i am back to my old sleeping habits. i don't want that. i quite like waking up at 8 in the morning even though i laze till 9. it tells me that morning is here and it's a brand new day for me to be productive and proactive. at least that's what i aspire to achieve when the sun rises.

goodnight. goodmorning.

No comments: