Sunday, February 28, 2010

a cup of cappuccino

i remember it like it was yesterday. just the 3 of us in the car. mum and dad in the front, dad driving and me in the back seat. i was an only child then. i think my mother asked me what i wanted to be when i grow up.

"an air stewardess"

it was the most glamourous job i could think of. didn't occur to me that it was really a glamourised waitressing job. i think my mother laughed and said, you want to serve coffee or tea? i sat in the backseat and thought to myself, "i can travel and get paid for it". so that was why i wanted to be an air stewardess. free travels.

now, i don't know what i want. being an adult is overrated. kids can't wait to grow up but honestly, i don't see the appeal now. it's stressful just being an adult. so much to worry about. i don't think i'm old enough to handle this and i'm already an adult. can't i remain a kid forever and be like peter pan, living in neverland and flying from one place to another without having to serve coffee or tea? oh wait, the king of pop did that. bless his soul. so in other words, i should be a celebrity? booyeah. my one way ticket out.

i saw the recruitment ad for an airline company this morning. suddenly my heart beat a lil' faster than usual and a lightbulb flashed above my head.

"AH HA!"

i fulfilled all the requirements.

well, at least i think i did. the height requirement was kinda tricky but i think i'm gonna take the measuring tape tomorrow and measure myself and see if i fulfill that one requirement i know i can never fill/don't discriminate juz cos i was born this height, yo!

so that's my progress with the job hunt. i'm flipping through newspapers and anticipating emails from jobstreet.com, recommending me jobs that fulfill my criteria.

if only money fell from the sky, then i wouldn't be in this predicament. but then again, if you find a job you LOVE, it wouldn't be a job anymore, wouldn't it? or something along those lines. i believe it's a saying people tell themselves to make them feel better. or maybe it is true. i wouldn't know. i don't know what i love besides sitting at home and surfing through the career section of every major company out there. i could be the next youtube sensation, eh? just me and my camera and i'm good to go. think of something witty to say, throw in some camera effects and i'm the next big thing.

hmm. that does sound like a plan.

stay tuned. i might just post my video SOON.

huge emphasis on the soon by the way...of the negative kind. i tried making a birthday video for my friend and that in itself was very difficult for me to do. it was rather unnatural i would say, to talk to yourself. i am always paranoid that someone is going to walk in on me when i am filming myself and talking to myself. self-image issues, i suppose. but i did make the video after lots and lots of takes. they're all deleted of course.

who knows, i may just have the video uploaded tomorrow. i am 'job hunting' now which is really an euphemism for bumming and that translates to loads of free time. oh yeah, i am living the life.

but it sure is lonely at the top.

or really, is this at the bottom?

yup. it is.

the bottom of the food chain.

unemployment.

No comments: