Tuesday, February 23, 2010

lemony snicket

my mother calls it idiot-proof but i call it cake. plain simple truth.

it's the instant ones where all you need to do is add 1 cup of water, 1/3 oil and 3 eggs. mix it. put it in the oven. 30 minutes later, CAKE!

sure, it's much more convenient to drive to the bakery and pick a cake that sounds fanciest/double chocolate delight anyone? or a cake that has the most fruit toppings you can humanly possible fit or just a swiss roll or sponge cake will do. whatever. i like the smell of cakes baking to fill the air. giving off that homely smell and the illusion that the house is a house that has a marvelous baker baking up a storm!

fine, i like the thought of eating something that i made with my own bare hands. it's very satisfying. sure, sometimes it don't taste so good but hey, i made it! so this is me trying to be domesticated. i can't cook to save my life but i'm trying. if i can't save the world, at least let me feed the man that WILL save the world wtf/talking about my future husband wtf.

i don't have a picture of the cake. just imagine this: square shaped lemon cake.

enough to make you drool, eh? teeheehee. oh just entertain me for a bit.

sure, while we're at it, i can't cook to save my life unless of course it's maggi mee but even that i've managed to screw up. once!

i was cooking the korean instant noodles. somehow or rather, i got confused with how much water i had to put into the pot and so as i put in the noodles, the water level started going down. not good. ok fine, i'll just have a lil' bit of soup then. pffft. boy was i wrong. ended up having dried noodles instead! the picture on the packaging lied to meee. i should have sued wtf.

sigh. even cracking an egg is a most tedious task for me.

i need to go for a course teaching me domestic lessons ie. how to cook, chop, clean, bake, wash and many more/omg there's MORE wtf.

unless i skip that and find a job that gives me a fat paycheque every month so that i can afford to hire help. but i also want a baby and they don't come cheap too. i also want a dog and they cost just as much as a baby. looks like i'll have to do everything myself and save up for a dog and then when it comes to the baby, i can rely on my joint financial account :)

i guess i'll start with baking first. i want to bake chocolate chip cookies and cheese cake! they make it so easy on TV that it's ridiculous.

look at me, here i am trying to lose the kilos but still want to bake. not helping my situation.

No comments: