Monday, August 08, 2011

big yellow taxi

for someone who hardly ever takes a cab, i just broke my record today.

first cab ride of the day was when i was walking down hill towards my office. i park really, really, really far away. average walking time from my car to the office is 10 minutes. usually i welcome this walk because this walk will be the only form of exercise i will ever do (but i need more than just a 10 minute walk to shake off all this excess off me... i really need to start jogging!). actually, everytime i'm walking down the hill, i pray for a taxi to drive by so that i can hop in and save that 10 minute walk. surprise, suprise! a taxi DID drive by and i didnt flag him down but he kept turning his head, probably wondering where in the world is she walking to when all around me are houses and he slowed his taxi down. my mind and legs were thinking two different thoughts; i'm like shit, this is it, should i be a cheapskate, suck it up and just walk all the damn way down or pay 3 bucks to save myself the walk. but my legs, oh my legs, they just merrily walked towards the taxi and that's how the battle between my mind and my legs went. sometimes in life, there are things you should be cheapskate about and then there are things you should not be cheapskate about. wisest 3 bucks i've ever spent.

oh the second and third cab ride of the day is the desperation to eat good food. when you've been working where i've been working for the past few months, you will do anything to get out into the world and find good food. and a change of environment. despite the limited choices we have when it comes to lunch, we always, always ask "where to eat?" sometimes, when there's a choice, limited choices or otherwise, a decision has to be made. and what a tough decision it is!


No comments: