Monday, August 01, 2011

pocketful of sunshine

this morning, i drove to work like any other monday mornings. i was cranky and stressed out about where i was going to park my car today (long story short: change of management in my previous parking spot and now i'm parking-less for a month). usually, i would listen to the radio, either 104.9 or 88.9 but most days i would plug in my iTrip into my iPod and all is well with the world.

in the middle of the federal highway this morning, i looked into my rearview mirror and saw this girl bopping and singing along in her car and i smiled so wide, i was grinning like a cheshire cat. she didn't care if the cars next to her or the car in front of her will see her. she didn't seem to have a care in the world on a monday morning and that is just mind blowing to me. so i guess not everyone suffers from the monday blues. i bet she wakes up and breaks into a song like i've got a pocketful, pocketful of sunshine!


No comments: