Monday, October 05, 2009

history lesson 101

in my almost 3 years of undergraduate studies, i have NEVER asked for an extension. EVER! i take pride in the fact that i can complete my work by the dateline. i was going to step out of uni proclaiming that i never had handed up my assignment late or asked for an extension.

today is a historical day.

today, i broke that very thing which made me who i am today. the one thing i could be proud of. the thing i could boast and gloat about. the very thing which is the essence of my entire undergraduate years, is now unattainable. i have been dethroned. and i doubt anyone can take my place because my other partner in crime, marina has also been dethroned. we are now just like everybody else.

no more gloating. no more boasting.

today marks a black spot in my cleanclean slate. i shall go cry in a corner right now.

today, i also realized that only a lecturer can make your heart beat so fast it will make your entire body vibrate, palms sweat, face turn pale, start pulling your hair and make stab-me-in-the-heart gestures and go down on your knees screaming 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!' and beg to be killed right now so that the misery can end.

yes. today is a historical day indeed.

i even had my suicidal mode on. optimism just flew out the window and in came pessimism to rescue the day. fun stuff the things you learn in university.

No comments: